My Love Affair With BrainPOP

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

If you have spent anytime reading my blog you will know that I have a love affair with BrainPOP. I use it for everything in my classroom. I launch lessons with it, use it as a review, use the quizzes and graphic organizers and often assign the videos as out of class bonus activities. This year I have two students who, for reasons way beyond our control, can not attend classes. I have spent some time creating independent units of study for these kiddos and BrainPOP has become about a third of these assignments. My own fabulously amazing six year old got on iPad for Christmas and has absolutely fallen in love with the BrainPOP Junior app. In the past eight weeks he has learned about the solar system, the seasons, factor families and fractions, just to name a few of the topics. He just went back to kindergarten after his February vacation and came to home to tell me they had started to learn about money in class. "We're just learning about pennies, though. Tim and Moby taught me about all the coins."

Even though I would have been content with my one sided love affair (otherwise known as stalking) BrainPOP has actually reached out to me (read about that here.). Recently, they have asked me to do some beta testing of some top secret happenings:). So the other day when I went to my mailbox and got this...

I just assumed it had to do with my top secret and oh - so - important project. But no..... It was a present.

They gave me a tshirt, called me a POPStar and wrote me a lovely letter thanking me for being a loyal and faithful patron. They also told me my top secret directions were forthcoming and I could tell you about it but then I'd have to kill you. Subsequently, the bottom portion of the letter combusted minutes later:)

My son was VERY disappointed the shirt was for Mommy and not him, but Mommy was just impressed with this company that keeps improving their content, making their quizzes more thought provoking, and that has done a wonderful job at integrating gaming took their time to send a Tshirt to a fan....out of nowhere.... Just because they are a good company. I'll keep blogging about them because they are just good people:)

 

 

No comments